Uma Skin Clinic

Purley Dental Practice , 21 Foxley Lane,, City of London, CR8 3EH

By appointment only.

Uma Skin Clinic 2021-05-19
Excellence Rated

Accredited 19th May 2021

Uma Jeyanathan is a Dental Surgeon and Aesthetic Practitioner with a passion for skin care and facial aesthetics. She studies the whole person to create the perfect bespoke package of care and provide clients with reinvigorated, glowing yet natural skin.

Uma trained as a dental surgeon at Newcastle University, before specialising in aesthetic and restorative dentistry. Using her knowledge of head and neck anatomy and physiology she trained in facial aesthetics and skin care. Over 14 years in practice she has developed a unique blend of aesthetic dentistry and facial aesthetics to restore a natural, fresh-faced appearance.

‘My aim is to restore people’s confidence and self-esteem. It’s definitely not about changing faces, I’m not about the unnatural look. It’s about enhancing the appearance so you go from feeling so tired, drained and down to feeling like your skin’s glowing and you’re on top of the world.’

Uma has a special interest in skin health and treatments to improve collagen content. She uses her detailed understanding of facial anatomy and skin tonicity and form to plan customised treatment programmes that enhance each person’s beauty- at every age.

‘I see lots of women around the menopause, when the falling hormone levels can make collagen and elastin in the skin depleted. However, I also help younger women in their twenties and thirties prevent skin damage and improve the health of their skin. It’s about banking collagen early, boosting skin health and improving hyaluronic acid content, which is what is gives you the glow and youthfulness.’

When not at work, Uma loves to spend time with her husband and two sons. Her inspirations are Oprah and Michelle Obama, two women who have come from minorities and smashed the glass ceiling.

Uma Jeyanathan

Name: Uma Jeyanathan Regulatory Body: GDC Prescriber: Yes

Reviews for “Uma Skin Clinic”

1. Naheed says:

This year I turned 40.. whilst I think I look ‘OK’ I felt like it was time to make a few tweaks.
        1) I had significant acne scarring from dreaded mask wearing
        2) felt like there were a few lines I would like ‘fixed’
        3) dark eye circles
        I had a great online first assessment and I started the skin care recommended which has allowed me to be make up free without feeling self conscious of scars.
        My tweakments involved a little touch of Botox, profhilo (magic) and natural filler.
        I wish I had started sooner to be honest. Uma is a wonderful practitioner and offers a natural finish. I have recommended her to everyone I meet, who often tell me I just look like a I have a glow.. I will not mention who else is going to her on my recommendation!!
        My three problem areas listed above are all resolved!

2. Lynda says:

From start to finish Uma was excellent. Her professionalism is outstanding. Explains everything, understood what I wanted. Didn’t try and push anything on me. Aswell as having treatments I have changed my skincare, to products she recommended the results are more than I could have hoped for. If your thinking about seeing her do it will be a wise investment.

3. Tina Menon says:

Dr Uma is lovely and the clinic very welcoming!

4. Sarah smith says:

I started with Uma’s online skin consultation and haven’t looked back! The products recommended have been excellent and I have see good results … I have since visited Uma at the clinic and have had Morpheus and subtle fillers – Uma is incredibly professional and equally personable – the Morpheus treatments are making a huge difference a great investment (if not painful – but only lasts about 20 mins – worth it! ) I truly value Uma’s guidance and suggestions – and she listens and appreciates what you are trying to achieve. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else for advice and treatments regarding my skincare/procedures.

5. Jo says:

I love Uma’s approach of subtlety enhancing your appearance by focusing on skin health. Over the course of 4 years my skin has improved enormously through regular chemical peels, sporadic Botox and a skincare programme using NeoStrata. Uma’s professionalism and considered approach is so reassuring and I’m always so pleased with the results. Investing in my skin health is now a priority for me and I can really see the difference.

6. Cree says:

Dr Uma was a breath of fresh air and completely understood my concerns about ‘overdoing’ it. She explained everything so thoroughly and personably. She is wonderful and I can’t recommend her highly enough

7. Aisha says:

Super lovely and helpful, took time to hear my skin concerns and has given me a routine which has shown me results surprisingly fast – much appreciated:)

8. Amy says:

I have always tried to look after my skin but until a friend recommended Uma I hadn’t realised how much of a difference medical grade skin care made. My skin is in the best condition it has ever ever been (the products also last ages) thanks to Uma. She is so genuine and friendly, and really knowledgeable about skincare. I trust her fully and I am over the moon with my tweakments! Cant recommend Uma enough

9. Jane says:

I can’t praise Uma enough. I have regular Botox with Uma and it always looks so natural, no one has ever noticed! Uma is so knowledgeable about skin, she really educates you about skin health and tailors a plan to suit your needs. I also love that Uma’s ethos is all about the natural look, I would not trust anyone else to treat me and I recommend her to all my friends and family.

10. Shweta says:

In my late 20s or early 30s even, I never thought I’d get any sort of injectables in my face. Having a child a little later, however changed my perspective. I’d always look tired and unwell no matter how expensive the products I used superficially. I’m so glad I stumbled upon Uma’s Instagram page – medical grade skincare, and other tweakments made such a difference to my appearance; I can see it every time I look into the mirror. My Mum says I don’t look tired anymore and I feel confident in myself. Uma is knowledgeable and explains the science behind the treatments and is patient enough until you are convinced and ready.
        What I’m also convinced of, is that the kind of skincare Uma offers is not just indulgence or frivolity, it’s an investment – In the well-being of my skin!

Reviews for “Uma Skin Clinic”

1. Naheed says:

1) I had significant acne scarring from dreaded mask wearing
        2) felt like there were a few lines I would like ‘fixed’
        3) dark eye circles
        My three problem areas listed above are all resolved!

2. Lynda says:

3. Tina Menon says:

Dr Uma is lovely and the clinic very welcoming!

4. Sarah smith says: